Fourth graders are eager to learn all about their world and their place in it. A Beka’s engaging curriculum, built on a solid Christian worldview, will keep them captivated as they learn fascinating facts and improve reading comprehension, composition skills, and much more! The Grade 4 Student Kit contains all essential textbooks and coordinated materials, including assessments, for an entire year of schooling in language arts, arithmetic, science, health, and history—25 items total. Combine this kit with the Grade 4 Teacher Kit, and you can confidently teach and guide your fourth grade class through a year of academic excellence.
- Reading—Reading from classics, modern stories, and poetry gives your students insight into their world and presents them with Christian ideals and spiritual values. Watch their reading comprehension and vocabulary take a leap with the added emphasis on reading speed and comprehension skills.
- Grammar and Composition and Penmanship—You will be thrilled to see your fourth grade class become more comfortable with correct grammar in conversation and composition. Daily penmanship practice begins with a review of letter formation and then graduates into creative writing and spelling entries.
- Spelling, Vocabulary, and Poetry—A straightforward teach/practice/test approach makes spelling “second nature” to your young writers. They will also learn to spell, define, and use 5–10 vocabulary words in each lesson. And what an accomplishment when a student can recite from memory all 6 poems!
- Arithmetic—Learning fractions becomes a positive experience because of clear instruction and extensive practice. As in the other skills subjects, the A Beka program ensures repetition and maintenance of basic skills and builds a foundation of understanding that is necessary for more abstract concepts taught later.
- Science/Health—Fourth graders love the emphasis on nature studies and God’s creative genius in science. In the 7-week Health course, they learn how to keep their bodies healthy.
- History—Hundreds of colorful visuals and a lively narrative writing style may make the story of America’s history your students’ favorite class! Told from a Christian perspective and combined with enjoyable geography and map activities.
The following items are included in this kit:
Read and Think 4 Skill Sheets
Adventures in Other Lands Speed and Comprehension Reader
God's Gift of Language A
God's Gift of Language A Quiz and Test Book
Spelling, Vocabulary, and Poetry 4
Spelling, Vocabulary, and Poetry 4 Test Book
Arithmetic 4 Tests and Speed Drills
Understanding God's World
Understanding God's World Quiz and Test Book
Understanding God's World Activity Book
Developing Good Health Quiz, Test, and Worksheet Book
History of Our United States
History of Our United States Quiz and Test Book
History of Our United States Geography Maps and Reviews Book
Available on these devices
*Some features only available on iOS devices.