From reading ingredients in the grocery store to practicing safety with cleaning chemicals, your teen will discover practical applications of this chemistry course to everyday life. Beyond that, however, these tests help him focus on the ingenious precision and design in the composition of our world—a precision that can even be measured and expressed mathematically! As he understands and applies the chemical processes governing our world, his awe for the Master Designer who created and sustains our universe will surely grow. Application questions help him learn how mankind can better “subdue” the earth (Gen.1:28–30) to be good stewards of God’s creation.
· Essay questions take your teen’s thinking and articulation skills to a higher level as he must explain how chemical compounds demonstrate specific scientific laws, apply scientific laws or processes to specific problems, evaluate the validity of a chemical hypothesis or model, or apply chemical principles to practical real-life situations or current social issues.
· Objective questions in a variety of formats such as multiple choice, short answer, modified true/false, matching, and computation test on multiple levels from recall and understanding to application.
· Testing every three weeks (for a total of 12 tests) provides vital reinforcement of learning and an opportunity for you to evaluate your teen’s comprehension.
· Two nine-weeks exams and semester and final exams further reinforce the concepts learned throughout the year. The constant exposure to the concepts through reading, discussion, demonstration and practice, independent work, quizzes, tests, and then review examinations cements your teen’s recall of course content.
· Every test clearly indicates the sections of the text it covers. You can adjust test taking to your teen’s progress through the text.
· As with all A Beka tests, the content and design reflect our half century of educational experience. For the student, directions are easy to understand and the layout is appealing; for the parent, grading is fast with all answer blanks on the left. Test content is clearly covered in the course materials and is appropriate for the grade level.
The test book is correlated with the text Chemistry: Precision and Design, 3rd ed.; Chemistry: Precision and Design Quizzes; and Chemistry: Precision and Design Teacher Edition, which includes the curriculum/lesson plans. Answers and grading guidance are sold separately in Chemistry: Precision and Design Test Key. Grade 11.