Teaching is more effective—and ordering is easier—when you choose a Total Teaching Package for Grade 1. This discounted bundle of products contains everything found in a full-grade Teacher Kit: Curriculum Teacher’s Guide, Teacher Editions, test and quiz answers, and more—plus all the charts, games, and teaching aids that are called for in the lesson plans but not included in the kit. You’ll even receive a $25 credit toward A Beka digital art. And the products can be used multiple years, increasing their cost effectiveness! Includes instruction for language arts, arithmetic, science, health, history and geography, art, and music. Since some schools combine classes for Bible instruction, our Bible curriculum is sold separately.
- Proven success. “Incredible!”—that is how the results of A Beka’s proven systematic phonetical approach to reading have been described by thrilled parents. The curriculum incorporates time-tested techniques for keeping learning lively and interesting and building your students’ critical thinking skills. Content is based on sound scholarship from primary sources and presented from an uncompromising biblical worldview. Join millions of satisfied customers in enjoying the benefit of our more than 60 years of Christian educational experience.
- Clear, simple instructions. Even a first-year teacher can seem like an experienced one with these clear instructions for reviewing, teaching, and applying concepts! Includes preparation, teaching tips, time allotted, and wording and specific examples to enable you to communicate new concepts effectively and efficiently.
- All-inclusive. We’ve made it easy for teachers to be equipped with everything they need for the classroom. The 11 essential support material items optimize teaching instruction to increase student learning.
- Integrated curriculum. At the same time that your students are reviewing the sound of the letter a in their phonics lesson, they are practicing writing the letter a in their penmanship lesson. A Beka’s integrated curriculum works together to reinforce concepts learned in one area in other areas, and it builds from year to year, leaving no gaps in your students’ education.
- Spiral reinforcement of learning. There is no time to forget when your students receive regular review as each new concept is built on the old. This reinforcing and building of concepts and skills in a spiral progression throughout the year—and from grade to grade in the A Beka curriculum!—puts learning into long-term memory. Your students will know it.
- Biblical perspective. You teach at a Christian school because of your ministry heart. Like you, we seek to reach the hearts and minds of young people for service to Jesus Christ in whatever vocation He calls them. This ministry focus and biblical philosophy permeate our curriculum.
The following items are included in this kit:
Grade 1 Curriculum Lesson Plans
Fun with Pets Teacher Edition
Tiptoes Teacher Edition
Stepping Stones Teacher Edition—New Edition
Secrets and Surprises Teacher Edition
Kind and Brave Teacher Edition
Aesop's Fables Teacher Edition
Strong and True Teacher Edition
Down by the Sea Teacher Edition
Animals in the Great Outdoors Teacher Edition
Primary Bible Reader—New Edition
Handbook for Reading Teacher Edition
Letters and Sounds 1 Teacher Key
Letters and Sounds 1 Test Key
Large Alphabet Flashcards
Basic Phonics Flashcards
Large Phonics Teaching Charts (1-2)
Basic Phonics Charts (1-2)
Spelling and Poetry 1 Teacher Edition
Spelling 1 Teaching Charts (Manuscript)
Writing with Phonics 1 Manuscript
1st Grade Writing Tablet
Manuscript Formation Flashcards (1)
Seatwork Charts (Manuscript)
Arithmetic 1 Teacher Edition
Arithmetic 1 Tests and Speed Drills Key
Place Value Concept Cards
Arithmetic 1-2 Concept Cards—New Edition
Arithmetic 1 Charts and Games
Arithmetic 1-2 Tables and Facts Charts
Discovering God's World Teacher Edition
Health Safety and Manners 1 Teacher Edition
My America and My World Teacher Edition
Community Helpers Activity Book Teacher Edition
Community Helpers Visuals
America: Our Great Country Social Studies Visuals
Children of the World Social Studies Visuals
Art Projects 1—New Edition
Bible Friends Activity Book