By the end of first grade, your child will have made amazing leaps in learning! He will be able to recognize and use all the phonic sounds—including 132 special sounds—needed to phonetically read words! Kit includes all of the child’s essential materials for the grade 1 subjects—23 items total. Combined with the Grade 1 Parent Kit, you can provide your first grader a strong foundation in knowledge and learning habits from a Christian perspective.
• Phonics—Regardless of your child’s phonics background, A Beka’s six steps to reading will turn him into a reader! This proven system teaches thousands of beginning readers every year.
• Reading—Ten engaging reading books of his very own plus daily systematic practice teach word analysis skills, build vocabulary, increase reading comprehension, and further develop the thinking process. And he will love the stories and Bible reading!
• Language–Early work in language skills increases your child’s thinking and writing skills. He will learn to write complete sentences and turn them into stories!
• Spelling and Poetry—The 30 phonics-based word lists with activities reinforce reading skills and teach spelling. And your child will memorize 8 delightful poems!
• Writing—A Beka’s step-by-step approach to good penmanship emphasizes neatness and correct letter formation. Phonics, spelling, and creative writing are built into the daily penmanship practice. Although manuscript writing is not included in the Parent Kit lesson plans, you would teach your child one page per day.
• Arithmetic—First graders proudly count and write to 100 by 2s, 3s, 5, and 10s! From adding three-digit numbers to solving simple word problems, your child will grow in math skills and reasoning ability.
· History—Reading about famous American patriots, landmarks, and patriotic songs with an emphasis on good citizenship makes your child want to read to learn!
• Science—Learning about God’s world with hands-on activities makes acquiring basic science concepts fun!
• Health—It is never too early to learn good manners and habits. Learning activities help your child apply good principles of health, safety, and manners.
The following items are included in this kit:
Primary Bible Reader—New Edition
Handbook for Reading—New Edition
Letters and Sounds 1 Test Book
Miniature Alphabet Flashcards
Writing with Phonics 1 Manuscript
1st Grade Writing Tablet
Arithmetic 1 Tests and Speed Drills
Community Helpers Activity Book
Discovering God's World
My America and My World
Health, Safety, and Manners 1