As your third grader seeks answers to “Who, what, when, where, why, and how,” you have the opportunity to help him navigate through this year of expanding horizons. This convenient kit contains all essential textbooks including assessments, for an entire year of schooling—a total of 24 items. Combine this kit with the Grade 3 Parent Kit to provide your third grader a strong foundation in academics and life skills from a Christian perspective.
• Reading—What an exciting and growing year in reading! This year’s reading includes a simplified version of the novel The Swiss Family Robinson and other exciting chapter books such as Secret in the Maple Tree. It is also time for increased emphasis on reading speed and comprehension by way of 30 timed reading exercises.
• Language—There is still a lot of grammar and writing building to do in third grade! That means learning new concepts as they are tied to foundational concepts. Here come nouns, verbs, adjectives, and word usage!
• Spelling and Poetry—Spelling is a learned and practiced art. The 34 weekly spelling lists complete with vocabulary words and definitions and creative exercises will make your child a spelling artist! And he will memorize 8 delightful poems including “My Shadow.”
• Penmanship—Your third grader will practice correct letter formation, spacing, proportion, and slant through writing exercises that include Bible verses and creative writing exercises.
• Arithmetic—This is the year your child will master his multiplication and division facts! He will even graduate into fractions as he learns to reduce, add, and subtract them.
• History—Reading the biographies of 22 people—from Christopher Columbus to Martin Luther King—not only gives your child a chronological understanding of American history but also inspiring character-building qualities to emulate.
• Science—For a curious third grader, learning about the body he lives in, plants and animals and their habitats, and the weather is not just an academic exercise. It is fascinating fun! Especially when he gets to experiment with the “Something to Try” exercises throughout the book that let him practice what he’s learning.
• Health—Good posture, how to stay clean and fight disease, first aid, and the importance of spiritual health are a few of the concepts designed to benefit your child.
The following items are included in this kit:
Read and Think 3 Skill Sheets
Swiss Family Robinson
Secret in the Maple Tree
Cursive Writing Skillbook
Arithmetic 3 Tests and Speed Drills
Exploring God's World Quiz, Test, and Worksheet Book
Health Safety and Manners 3
Health, Safety, and Manners 3 Quiz, Test, and Worksheet Book
Our American Heritage Quiz and Test Book
Our American Heritage Map Skills Book
Available on these devices
*Some features only available on iOS devices.