Keep your homeschool on track and organized with the Grade 1 Language Arts Parent Kit. The kit contains 170 days of easy-to-use lesson plans for each language arts subject, teaching aids, and answer keys—a total of 5 items. Combine with the Grade 1 Language Arts Child Kit to confidently teach language arts from a biblical worldview. Also see “Companion Materials” for important items used in multiple grades.
• Clear and easy. You can do it! We have the materials you need and show you how to use them. You will appreciate the detailed lesson guides that save hours of planning. Each lesson includes points for preparation and teaching procedure. The lesson plans are full of practical tips for effectively teaching concepts and reviewing skills for mastery.
• Spiral reinforcement of learning. There is no time to forget when your child receives regular review and practice as each new concept is built on the old. This reinforcing and building of concepts and skills in a spiral progression throughout the year—and from grade to grade in the A Beka curriculum!—puts learning into long-term memory. Your child will know it!
• Proven success. You want methods and materials that work. See your child achieve the academic excellence and moral character that will leave him equipped for life. Over one million children develop into lifelong learners with A Beka every year.
• Flexibility. Life happens—sickness, special visits from relatives. You have the flexibility to arrange the year’s 170 lesson days to allow for life’s interruptions.
• Adaptability to your child’s needs. A Beka’s packaging makes sure that you are not paying for more than you need. The subjects in the Grade 1 Language Arts Kit can be taught in approximately 70 minutes, but you can adjust the pacing for your child’s independent study and practice if necessary.
The following items are included in this kit:
Homeschool Language Arts 1 Curriculum
Letters and Sounds 1 Test Key
Basic Phonics Charts (1-2)—Revised
Homeschool Seatwork Charts—New
Basic Phonics Flashcards—Revised
Clue Word Cards—Revised
Basic Phonics Sounds CD