If you have an eligible senior in the accredited program, at the end of 12th grade customer service will contact you to collect a $15 diploma fee.
According to each state’s laws, orders will be charged current state and local sales tax at point of sale. Sales tax is based on Book Value. See enrollment agreement for states requiring sales tax.
- The following applies to switching and adding courses for both Accredited and Independent Study programs—
- A $50 fee plus applicable materials deposit will be assessed to switch or add courses within 31–60 days of the assigned begin date.
- Switching/Adding courses is not available after 60 days from the assigned begin date.
- Materials deposit will be forfeited if materials are not returned within 30 days after requesting a switch.
- For more details on switching courses, programs, and options please contact the Abeka Office.
Late Student Work
- All student work should be kept current to ensure academic progress. If student work is not received within two weeks after the end of each grading period as indicated on the academic calendar, a $20 fee will be assessed for each grading period that is late.
DVDs are the unconditional property of Abeka and must be returned after viewing each shipment. Failure to do so will delay future shipments. Prepaid UPS Return Service (RS) labels are available online through your Abeka account. For customers who live in the contiguous U.S., a pre-paid return label will be issued from USPS. With this service, after you have affixed your return label to the package, simply place your package in your mailbox or take it to your local Post Office. For international returns, a pre-paid return label will be issued from UPS. (This service is available for U.S., Canada, and most foreign countries.) Cost of returning DVDs by any other method is the customer’s responsibility. Abeka is not responsible for any loss or damages incurred in return shipments when using methods other than prepaid USPS (domestic) or UPS (international) Return Service. Packages returned C.O.D. will be returned to the sender.
If all DVDs are not received by Abeka by customer’s assigned end date:
- there will be a $400 Late Return Fee (refundable when DVDs are returned)
- customer may not be eligible to use the Payment Plan ($250 down) on future year’s enrollments.
Extensions—Following Assigned End Date
For your convenience, if DVDs are not returned by end date we will add a one month extension. Extensions can be given for up to 6 months. The charges below will be added to your account and shown on your monthly statement.
- K4–K5, single-subject video course, or video-subject combo—$20/ month
- Grades 1–12—$40/month
Work received more than six months following the assigned end date will not be evaluated.
If you must cancel the program, contact the Abeka Office immediately. You are responsible for all program charges and monthly fees until you receive a cancellation confirmation number.
- After receiving a confirmation number, no student work will be evaluated and all DVDs must be returned within 30 days.
- Accounts are automatically reactivated if materials are not returned within 30 days of cancellation.
To inquire about fees for reactivating a cancelled account, contact the Abeka
Within 30 Days
There is a 30-day money-back guarantee on all enrollments from the assigned begin date.
If you are not completely satisfied, return all materials. Abeka will not credit you for partial returns and will not return materials to you.
- If all returned materials are received in new, unused condition, a full refund will be issued.
- If any materials are marked or damaged, a full refund will be issued less a $60 Processing Fee.
- Abeka is not responsible for any loss or damages incurred in return
shipments when using methods other than prepaid USPS (domestic) or UPS (international) Return Service.
- Abeka will provide USPS return
shipping labels to all customers in the contiguous U.S.
- Some shipments may not be eligible for the USPS Return Service label and must be returned via a trackable method at the customer’s expense.
Between 30 and 90 Days
For cancellations after 30 days from assigned begin date, Abeka will issue a prorated refund upon receipt of all outstanding DVDs or termination of video streaming.
- Books are the unconditional property of the user and cannot be returned for credit.
- Tuition will be prorated for time enrolled, up to 90 days.
- No refund will be issued for cancellations after 90 days.
- All DVDs must be returned within 30 days from cancellation confirmation.