A Beka’s renowned first-grade language arts program seamlessly integrates and balances the learning of language subject matter with the development of language skills in one all-inclusive daily plan. These conveniently prepared instructions will help you teach phonics, reading, spelling, language, and poetry. Your child will also make great progress in the skills of pemanship, oral reading, and oral communication. The Grade 1 Language Arts Child Kit contains texts and correlated assessments for the whole grade 1 language arts curriculum—16 items total. Combine this kit with the Grade 1 Language Arts Parent Kit, and you can confidently teach and guide your first grader through a year of academic excellence in language arts from a Christian perspective. He will have begun building a foundation for lifelong learning and success.
• Phonics—Regardless of your child’s phonics background, A Beka’s six steps to reading will turn him into a reader! This proven system teaches thousands of beginning readers every year.
• Reading—Ten engaging reading books of his very own plus daily systematic practice teach word analysis skills, build vocabulary, increase reading comprehension, and further develop the thinking process. And he will love the stories and Bible reading!
• Language–Early work in language skills increases your child’s thinking and writing skills. He will learn to write complete sentences and even turn them into stories!
• Spelling and Poetry—The 30 phonics-based word lists with activities reinforce reading skills and teach spelling. And your child will memorize 8 delightful poems!
• Writing—A Beka’s step-by-step approach to good penmanship emphasizes neatness and correct letter formation. Phonics, spelling, and creative writing are built into the daily penmanship practice. Although manuscript writing is not included in the Parent Kit lesson plans, you would teach your child one page from the Writing with Phonics book per day.
The following items are included in this kit:
Secrets and Surprises
Primary Bible Reader
Handbook for Reading
Letters and Sounds 1
Letters and Sounds 1 Test Book
Spelling and Poetry 1
Writing with Phonics 1 Cursive
Cursive Writing Tablet
Available on these devices
*Some features only available on iOS devices.