Learning to play the bassoon is so much fun with this clear, colorful book! This thorough beginner’s instruction book is designed to teach the basics. Lessons include short tunes to apply the concepts followed by a section in the back of the book with 8 beginning band performance songs, warm-up exercises, and scales. Correlated with both the Teacher Guide and Conductor Score for the Solid Foundation Beginning Band Method that includes brass, woodwinds, and percussion. 43 pages. Gr. 3–6.
· Informative lessons. Includes 19 lessons that give your child a solid music foundation as well as fundamental knowledge of the instrument. Each lesson will add another note to be learned, a new key signature, or a musical or technical element to apply in that lesson.
· Supplemental lessons. If your child has limited music background, seven supplemental lessons are provided so he can have practice on more difficult notes before he starts his first lesson. These notes are in an easier range on the bassoon so that your child can gain comfort on the instrument before he moves to more difficult ranges that are in the lessons.
· Correct technique illustrated! Full-color photographs and clear explanation make instruction clear! Your child can see proper posture while playing, each part of the instrument, how to set up the bassoon and hold it, and correct fingerings. Parents can use the photographs to check that their child is practicing with good technique.
· Important terms. For beginner musicians, knowledge of musical terms deepens his understanding of music and provides necessary background for playing in a group setting. Your child will learn how to identify parts of the music like the staff, measure, and bar line. Glossary of Musical Terms is also included.
· Counting. No experience with rhythms? No need to worry. The book clearly explains basic rhythms to give your child confidence in playing.
· Song variety your child will love! Whether in the lesson tunes or in the full songs at the end of book, your child will learn how to play traditional songs such as “Skip to My Lou,” hymns such as “Like a River Glorious,” and new melodies! Your child will enjoy the variety of music and will have fun preparing and playing each one. Gr. 3-6.