Stop to think about it. Isn’t this something that you would like your teen to do before he acts? As your teen stops to think about the questions in these carefully crafted quizzes and tests, he will learn to make thinking a life habit and to ponder from a deeper perspective. He will be guided in considering craftsmanship, themes, symbolism, influences, and significant ideas. The quiz and test book is correlated with the texts World Literature, 4th ed.; Silas Marner; Julius Caesar; and the Homeschool English 10 Parent Guide/Student Daily Lessons, which also provides 23 oral quizzes over various literature selections. Answers and grading instructions are sold separately in the World Literature Quiz/Test Key. Grade 10.
- Objective questions in the 12 literature tests delve more deeply into literature this year giving your tenth grader a deeper perspective on literature and the craft of the writer.
- Other objective questions evaluate your teen’s recall of key details, key lines, and authors, building his literary background and his appreciation.
- Essay questions on the unit literature tests take your tenth grader’s thinking to a higher level with questions, for instance, that call for him to contrast a theme in one literature story with a similar theme in another. He is taught to make connections about life, an important step on the road to maturity.
- Though each literature test can stand alone, it is designed to be combined with its corresponding Grammar and Composition IV test for one test grade. In tenth grade for the first time, literature begins to receive the greater emphasis. At a time when teens have many questions about life, this expanded coverage of literature can provide the springboard for significant discussions.
- Two nine-week exams and semester and final exams provide periodic cumulative review to encourage long-term retention of learning.
- Since each quiz and test specifies the section of the textbooks it covers, you can easily adjust quizzes and tests to your schedule for greater flexibility.
- The 25 content quizzes (of about 10 questions each) reflect the expanded coverage of literature this year, covering topics such as literary terms, author background, genre characteristics, and comprehension of the selection. Your teen will learn to read selections with greater discernment regarding both ideas and techniques.
This item is included in the following kits:
Grade 10 Homeschool Student Kit
World Literature Teacher Edition
Julius Caesar (Literary Classics)
Silas Marner (Literary Classics)
World Literature Quiz and Test Key
Homeschool English 10 Parent Guide and Student Daily Lessons
Available on these devices
*Some features only available on iOS devices.