Your second grader is now used to school and is ready to learn even more! Give him a year of interesting, enjoyable learning and skill building with A Beka. Kit contains all essential textbooks and tests for an entire year of schooling—22 items total. Combine this kit with the Grade 2 Parent Kit to confidently give your second grader the knowledge and skills he needs for a strong foundation in academics and character training from a Christian perspective.
• Phonics—Daily practice helps your child reinforce the phonics concepts that develop his reading skills. Puzzles, riddles, and other exercises enhance his word analysis skills, broaden his vocabulary, and increase his reading comprehension.
• Reading—Your child will read aloud a total of 10 books containing classic and modern stories and poetry that are keyed to phonics sounds. Discussion questions and enrichment ideas give you ways to enhance his reading comprehension.
• Language—Your second grader will know how and when to capitalize, how to write complete sentences and even short stories!
• Spelling and Poetry—The 32 phonics-based word lists with activities reinforce reading skills and teach spelling. Starting second semester, vocabulary words complete with definitions are added. And he will memorize 7 delightful poems!
• Writing—A Beka’s step-by-step cursive approach to good penmanship emphasizes neatness and correct letter formation in daily practice.
• Arithmetic—Learning place value, addition and subtraction, money, graphs, measurement, time, temperature, and fractions this year will become a positive experience because of A Beka’s clear instruction and planned practice.
• History—Your child will read about the people who built America and gain a better understanding of American holidays, patriotic songs, and flag etiquette.
• Science—Your child will boost reading comprehension while developing thinking skills as he thinks through the “how” and “why” questions behind the basic science of the human body, plants, animals, matter, energy, and space.
• Health—From regular flossing to proper eating, from crossing the street to fire escape plans, from learning to apologize to properly answering the phone, your child will learn how to glorify God in his care of himself and treatment of others.