Confidently teach your first grader with our convenient parent kit! The 14 items include 170 days of easy-to-use lesson plans, teaching tools, and answer keys. Combine with the Grade 1 Child Kit (cursive or manuscript) to have all the essentials for teaching your child from a biblical worldview. Also see “Companion Materials” for music and important items used in multiple grades.
• Clear and easy. You can do it! We have the materials you need and show you how to use them with clear, step-by-step instructions.
• Integrated curriculum. At the same time that your child is reviewing the sound of the letter a in his phonics lesson, he is practicing writing the letter a in his penmanship lesson. A Beka’s integrated curriculum works together to reinforce concepts learned in one area in other areas, and it builds from year to year, leaving no gaps in your child’s education.
• Spiral reinforcement of learning. There is no time to forget when your child receives regular review as each new concept is built on the old. This reinforcing and building of concepts and skills in a spiral progression throughout the year—and from grade to grade in the A Beka curriculum!—puts learning into long-term memory. Your child will know it.
• Proven success. “Incredible!”—that is how the results of A Beka’s proven systematic phonetical approach to reading have been described. Unlike programs that add a smattering of phonics to their look-say reading method, the A Beka program has phonics as its heart.
• Training in learning habits. From the right way to hold a pencil to good listening skills, A Beka’s guidance assists you in establishing right learning habits and routines.
· Flexibility. Life happens—sickness, special visits from relatives. You have the flexibility to arrange the year’s 170 lesson days to allow for life’s interruptions.
• Adaptability to your child’s needs. A Beka’s packaging makes sure that you are not paying for more than you need. The subjects in the Grade 1 Parent Kit can be taught in approximately 3 hours, but you can adjust the pacing. If your child is ready for more, add our materials for art, music, and a Bible time right on his level.
The following items are included in this kit:
Homeschool Language Arts 1 Curriculum—New Edition
Reading 1 Answer Key—New
Letters and Sounds 1 Test Key—New Edition
Basic Phonics Charts (Grade 1)—New Edition
Homeschool Arithmetic 1 Curriculum—New Edition
Arithmetic 1 Tests and Speed Drills Key—New Edition
Arithmetic 1-2 Concept Cards—New Edition
Homeschool Arithmetic 1 Charts and Games—New
Homeschool Arithmetic 1-2 Tables and Facts Charts—New
Homeschool Arithmetic Combination Dot Cards—New
Homeschool Place Value Concept Cards—New
Homeschool Numbers Flashcards
Homeschool Seatwork Charts—New
Homeschool History, Science, and Health 1 Curriculum Lesson Plans