Preciseness, logical thinking, accuracy, curiosity, and a growing understanding of how and why—these admirable qualities make an individual stand out. They show his care for his work, competency, and desire to grow in knowledge. Use this test book to help cultivate this spirit of excellence in your senior whether or not he pursues future science studies.
· The test book begins with a diagnostic pretest that is not averaged with your teen’s grades. This helpful tool (for lesson 2) allows you to evaluate your teen’s recall of essential mathematical skills. Besides being a resource that he can keep as a study guide, the pretest will help you gauge what mathematical skills should be reinforced at the beginning of the course.
· Testing every three weeks (for a total of 12 tests) provides vital reinforcement of learning and an opportunity for you to evaluate your teen’s ongoing comprehension.
· Subjective short-answer questions take your teen’s thinking and articulation skills to a higher level as he must compare and contrast or explain terms, principles, laws, causes, influences, processes, reasons, or essential conditions. Building on this knowledge, he is also asked to articulate how to make modifications. You and your teen will thrill to realize the practical applications of his learning, enabling him to better obey God’s command to subdue the earth.
· Objective questions are presented in a variety of formats such as multiple choice, modified true/false, short answer, matching, completion, and problem-solving. While being easy to grade, they evaluate your teen’s understanding of content ranging from recall of essential basics such as symbols and equations to higher levels of learning involving application.
· Two nine-weeks exams and semester and final exams further reinforce the concepts learned throughout the year. The constant exposure to the concepts through reading, discussion, demonstration and practice, independent work, quizzes, tests, and then review examinations cements your teen’s recall of course content.
· Every test clearly indicates the sections of the text it covers and falls naturally after the completion of a chapter. You can adjust test taking to your teen’s progress through the text.
· As with all A Beka tests, the content and design reflect our half century of educational experience. For the student, directions are easy to understand and the layout is appealing; for the parent, grading is fast with all answer blanks on the left. Test content is clearly covered in the course materials and is appropriate for the grade level.
The test book is correlated with the text Physics: The Foundational Science, 2nd ed.; Physics: The Foundational Science Quizzes; and Physics: The Foundational Science Teacher Edition, which includes the curriculum/lesson plans. Answers and grading guidance are sold separately in Physics: The Foundational Science Test Key. Grade 12