A Beka prepares your students for junior high through geometry, the chemical elements, and much more! The Grade 6 Student Kit contains all the textbooks, workbooks, readers, speed drills, quizzes, and tests for an entire year of schooling in language arts, arithmetic, history/geography, science/health, and art/music—25 items total. Combine this kit with the Grade 6 Teacher Kit, and you can confidently teach and guide your class through a year of academic excellence. Order one kit per student.
- Reading—Classic works by Kipling, Twain, and Alcott are just some of the stories and poems that will present your students with literary beauty, Christian ideals, and spiritual values. Thinking and comprehension skills are part of the A Beka reading program.
- Grammar and Composition—Creative writing and report writing provide practical applications as sixth graders build a grammar, usage, and mechanics foundation that will serve them well in junior high.
- Spelling, Vocabulary, and Poetry—Your students’ spelling skills and oral and written vocabulary will grow quickly through working with English words formed with Greek and Latin roots and prefixes and suffixes. Activities in proofreading and learning about the development of the English language are an added bonus! And what an accomplishment when they can recite from memory all 8 poems!
- Penmanship—A review of cursive formations is included in Creative Writing, the companion book to Language C.
- Arithmetic—Challenge your students with percentage problems and more complex mental arithmetic and word problems. As in the other skills subjects, the A Beka program ensures repetition and maintenance of basic skills and builds a foundation of understanding necessary for more abstract concepts.
- Science/Health—Build a bridge between elementary and junior high science as your students study geology, invertebrates, space travel, and more. In the 7-week Health course, your class learns about fitness. They also become familiar with health concerns such as drug abuse and AIDS, studying their physical, mental, and spiritual effects.
- History—America’s neighbors, Canada and Mexico, become more real as your students explore the history and geography and people of North and South America.
The following items are included in this kit:
Reading Comprehension 6 Skill Sheets
Adventures in Greatness Speed and Comp Reader
Message of the Mountain
God's Gift of Language C
God's Gift of Language C Quiz and Test Book
Spelling, Vocabulary, and Poetry 6
Spelling, Vocabulary, and Poetry 6 Test Book
Arithmetic 6 Quizzes, Tests, and Speed Drills
Observing God's World Test Book
Observing God's World Quiz and Worksheet Book
Choosing Good Health Quiz, Test, and Worksheet Book
New World History and Geography
New World History and Geography Test Book
New World History and Geography Quiz Book
New World History and Geography Maps and Activities Book
Geography Bowl Quiz Team Book
Available on these devices
*Some features only available on iOS devices.