Guide for Trial Subscription Steps
Logging in to Trial
- Log In
- Log in to the trial using one of the following methods:
- For the primary user created when the trial was ordered,
- Go to abeka.com and log in to the ABB account or the account used to order the trial.
- From the Orders menu, select Digital Products Downloads from the drop-down list.
- Click on the trial subscription link.
- Or, for users created in the platform (see Section VIII here) go to abekademo.linkit.com.
- Enter the username and password.
- Select “Login.”
- Process for Creating an Assessment
- Section I: An item is a question.
- An item bank (e.g., PCA: History 8-jbirx) is a collection of item sets.
- An item set (e.g., Quiz 1) is a collection of items organized into assessments.
- Section II: An assessment can be a quiz, test, review, etc.
- A test bank (e.g., PCA: History 8-jbirx) is a collection of “Tests” organized by grade and subject.
- A test (e.g., History 8A, Quiz 1) is an assessment that can be used for paper assessments, bubble sheets, or online testing.
I. Item Design
- A. Create an Item Bank
- B. Create an Item Set
- In the same window under Create New Item Set, select the “Select an Item Bank” bubble.
- Select an item bank from the list of existing item banks.
- Name the item set (e.g., Quiz 1).
- Select “Create.” This will open the item set for editing in the Item Editor, and the item set will now appear in any list of existing item sets.
- C. Create (or edit) Items
- From the Item Set toolbar, select the Create Item icon. All items will be displayed below the Item Set toolbar.
- Select an item for editing.
- Under the Item Editor toolbar, choose the Question Type. Select “Multiple Choice,” “Extended Text” (e.g., essay), or “Drawing Interaction;” or select none of these for Text Entry (e.g., fill in the blank or completion) and Inline Choice (e.g., matching) items.
- Question Content Area—Type within the box to enter the content of the item. To add an image, audio, or fraction, select “Image,” “Audio,” or “Fraction” from the Insert drop-down list in the Item Editor toolbar.
- For Text Entry and Inline Choice items:
- Select “Text Entry” or “Inline Choice” from the Insert drop-down list to insert an answer box into the Question Content Area.
- Select the answer box to edit the answer(s).
- In the answer box editor, select the green “+” icon to add an answer. Type the content within the editing box and select the green check mark to save the changes.
- Assign the point value/answer options.
- Select “Set” to save and close the box.
- If necessary, in the Item Editor select “No Duplicate Answers” for an item with more than one answer box that has the same answers list.
- The Answer Content Area will be blank.
- Answer Content Area—For Multiple Choice items, select the text within each choice to edit the choices. To add images or fractions, select “Image” or “Fraction” from the Insert drop-down list.
- Points—Use the Points box to assign the point value
- To attach a passage, select “Add Reference Object.”
- Save—Select this icon to save the item.
- Note: To create more items, repeat #1–9. To edit an item, begin with #2 and progress as necessary.
- Once an item set is finished, create an assessment using one of the following methods: (1) directly from the items in an item set by using the shortcut below, or (2) from items in different item sets by using the instructions in Section II here.
- SHORTCUT: Create Test from Items—Select this icon to create an assessment from the items in the item set. This will bypass Section II-A #2–5 and Section II-B below.
- Create a test bank. (See Section II-A, #2–5).
- Name the assessment.
- Select “Save.” This assessment will now appear in Test Design: Tests as an existing “test.”
II. Test Design
- A. Create a Test Bank
- B. Create an Assessment
- In the same window under Create New Test, select the “Select a Test Bank” bubble.
- Select a test bank from the list of existing test banks.
- Name the assessment (e.g., SubjectClass-assessment).
- Select “Create.” This will open the assessment for editing in the Test Editor, and the assessment will now appear in any list of existing “tests.”
- C. Edit an Assessment
- To add pre-made items to an assessment:
- In the Assessment Items section, select an item bank. This will display its item sets.
- Select an item set to display its items.
- Select and drag-and-drop the item(s) into the adjacent Test Sections/Questions section.
- Add Section—Select this icon to add a section.
- Test Sections/Questions—Reorder items or sections by dragging and dropping into the desired place.
- Test, Section, and Question Properties—Edit the assessment name and instructions, section name and instructions, and any item’s point value.
- Save—Select this icon to save any changes.
Note: The assessment is now ready to be generated into paper assessments, bubble sheets, or online assessments. (At this point, rosters must have already been entered and assigned to classes by the School Administrator).
IV. Bubble Sheets
- A. Generate Bubble Sheets
- B. Print Bubble Sheets
- Select the “Click here to open the bubble sheet” link to open the PDF of the bubble sheet(s).
- Select the print file icon. If necessary, adjust print options (number of copies).
- Select “Print.”
- C. Grade Bubble Sheets
- D. Review Bubble Sheets
V. Online Assessments
- A. Assign an Online Assessment
- B. Review Online Assessments
VI. Online Student Testing
- A. Student Test Login
- Go to linkit.com/testtaker/testtaker/testtaker.html to take an online assessment.
- Enter the Test Code and select “Submit.”
- Select the student’s name and click “Select.”
- Select “Begin Test.”
- B. Online Testing Features
- C. Review Submitted Assessment
- A. Dashboard
- B. Item Analysis
VIII. Create Additional Accounts/Users
LinkIt! logo and interface design are property of Advanced Assessment Systems Inc.
Use restricted to authorized licensees only. All Rights Reserved.