- We believe that the Bible is the verbally inspired and infallible, authoritative Word of God and that God gave the words of Scripture by inspiration without error in the original autographs. God promises that His words shall not pass away (Matt. 24:35), and we believe that God has kept that promise by preserving His infallible Word in the traditional Hebrew and Greek manuscripts and that the Authorized Version (KJV) is an accurate English translation of the preserved Word of God. The Authorized Version is used in all materials and recorded instruction.
- We believe that there is one triune God, eternally existent in the persons of Father, Son (Jesus Christ), and Holy Spirit; these three are one in essence, but distinct in person and function. We believe that Jesus Christ became the physical manifestation of the Godhead for mankind. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection from the tomb, and His ascension into Heaven. We affirm that the Holy Spirit is the Agent of conviction, regeneration, indwelling, baptism, sanctification, and illumination of all who are born into God’s family through Jesus Christ.
- We believe that God created the heavens and the earth in six literal days, and that God created all life (Gen. 1); we reject the man-made theory of evolution occurring over millions of years. We believe that God created man and woman in His own image, and instituted marriage between one biological man and one biological woman (Gen. 2:18-24). We believe that mankind, though created in God’s image chose to sin. Hence, all persons inherit a depraved nature and are lost sinners in need of salvation.
- We believe that Christ’s blood, shed on Calvary, is the only Atonement for man’s sin (1 Pet. 1:18–19, 1 John 1:9, John 14:6). We believe that salvation is a free gift of God for all mankind, and God does not pre-elect persons to heaven or hell. It is by grace, through faith, plus nothing, and believers are eternally secure; Salvation is received only by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His finished work. We affirm that the believer is called to a life of consecration which requires increasing in the knowledge of Christ and growing in grace (Col. 1:10, 2 Pet. 3:18, John 15:4–5).
- We believe the Scripture regarding Satan, who rebelled against God and was cast out of heaven with a host of angels who followed him (Isa. 14:13–14). He introduced sin to Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden (Gen. 3:1–13). He continues to turn people from truth and against God (1 Pet. 5:8). Eternal hell was created for Satan, his demons, and people who do not believe in the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation (Rev. 20:15, Matt. 25:41, John 3:16).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: those that are saved unto the resurrection of eternal life in heaven, and those that are lost unto the resurrection of eternal damnation in a literal lake of fire. We believe in the imminent, pre-Tribulation return of Jesus Christ for all believers. The Rapture of the saints will be followed by a seven-year Tribulation, after which Christ will return in glory to judge the world and set up His millennial reign on earth.
These statements do not exhaust the extent of beliefs or practices of Abeka nor the content expressed in the recorded instruction. The Bible, as the inspired and infallible Word of God, is the final authority of all that we believe concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind. For the purposes of Abeka’s doctrine, practice, and policy, the Board of Directors is ultimately responsible for interpreting the meaning and application of Scripture.