Abeka.com is operated by Abeka, Inc. (“Abeka”), an affiliate of Pensacola Christian College (“PCC”).
We respect the privacy of our users and the importance of the information they entrust to us. We summarize below the basic information policies and practices in place on the Abeka.com website and related applications.
Last Updated: April 2017
Information we may collect
We collect information that can identify you (“personal information”), such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, phone number, and credit card information as required, when you (or other users) provide it to us through Abeka.com or to PCC and its other affiliates. We may collect other personal information about you, such as when you provide it on an admissions application. We may combine the personal information that we receive from these different sources.
We also may collect other types of information in the following ways when you visit our website:
- Our server logs automatically collect information, such as your IP address, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit to our website, which we aggregate with other statistical information to better understand how users utilize our website.
- We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Should we ever do so, we will comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
How we use information we collect
We use information we collect to:
- Fulfill your requests for products and services;
- Process payment for products or services you order;
- Offer products and services that may be of interest to you, including from PCC and its other affiliates;
- Customize the content you see on our website;
- Facilitate use of our website and improve our website, products and services by tracking how well each page performs based on aggregate user data;
- Manage your account and your preferences;
- Identify and protect against fraudulent transactions and other misuses of our website, and to protect the rights, property or safety of Abeka, its customers or others; and
With whom we may share information we collect
We will not share your personal information with others except as indicated below. We may share personal information with:
- Service providers performing services on our behalf, such as credit card payment processors to which information must be released to allow for payment confirmation and delivery of the products or services;
- Other PCC affiliates; and
- Law enforcement, judicial authorities or appropriate governmental authorities when required to do so upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or in cooperation with a law enforcement investigation.
We may share aggregated, anonymous (non-personal) information with third parties.
You may choose:
- Not to provide personal information, although that may result in your inability to obtain certain products or services;
- To opt-out from receiving some or all promotional e-mails or newsletters from us by sending an e-mail to the contact address listed in the promotional e-mail;
- To delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings, although if you do so, some of the features or services of our website may not function properly; and
- To review and update your personal information by contacting us or, if you have an online account on our website, by logging into that account.
We take appropriate physical, electronic, and other security measures to help safeguard personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or disclosure.