One of the strongest defenses for a nation is the patriotism of its citizens, and true patriotism is built on love and respect for that nation’s heritage. America’s heritage is unique because of its founding on biblical principles that made it a light for the gospel and haven of freedom for the world. Whether or not your teen is an American citizen, use this test book to know that he is developing a fortifying love for the biblical principles that made America great.
· Essay questions develop critical thinking skills as your teen must explain historical events or political decisions and identify their influences or consequences. Articulation skills are refined as he must rationally support a philosophical stance.
· With his growing historical background, your eleventh grader is now ready for more test questions on key dates. Knowing the timetable of history allows him to begin making connections between American history and contemporary world events, giving a broader context to his studies and life.
· A variety of question formats on the tests such as multiple choice, modified true/false, matching, and short answer require your teen to consider the content from different aspects and hold his attention.
· Testing every three weeks (for a total of 12 tests) provides vital reinforcement of learning and an opportunity for your evaluation of your teen’s comprehension.
· Two nine-weeks exams and semester and final exams further reinforce the concepts learned throughout the year.
· Since each test clearly specifies the sections covered, adjusting a test to your schedule is easy.
· A bonus chart for “Praying for Government Officials” has spaces for your teen to note his national, state, local leaders, and others, teaching him to take the steps necessary to practice obedience to Scripture (1 Tim. 2:1–2).
Correlated MaterialsThe tests are correlated with the text United States History in Christian Perspective: Heritage of Freedom, 3rd ed.; United States History in Christian Perspective: Heritage of Freedom Quizzes; and United States History in Christian Perspective: Heritage of Freedom Teacher Edition, which includes the curriculum/lesson plans and “pop” reading quizzes. Answers and grading guidance for the test book are sold separately in Heritage of Freedom Teacher Test Key. Grade 11.
This item is included in the following kits:
Grade 11 Homeschool Student Kit
United States History: Heritage of Freedom
United States History: Heritage of Freedom Teacher Edition
United States History: Heritage of Freedom Answer Key
United States History: Heritage of Freedom Digital Teaching Aids
United States History: Heritage of Freedom Test Key
United States History: Heritage of Freedom Quiz Book
United States History: Heritage of Freedom Quiz Key