Teach your teen to think. This spelling and vocabulary quiz book takes your teen’s thinking skills to a higher level as he must discern the correct vocabulary word by its synonym, antonym, definition, word parts, or context. As he critically evaluates the precise meaning of words in context, his reading and listening comprehension will be sharpened.
· Both spelling and vocabulary words are quizzed in a wide variety of formats on multiple levels testing recall, proofreading skills, ability to choose the correct synonym or antonym, and application of the vocabulary words to an appropriate context. The variety of formats both within quizzes and from quiz to quiz allows you to evaluate whether your teen truly has an understanding of the words.
· Quizzing over the meanings of prefixes, suffixes, and roots encourages your eleventh grader to develop the tools for discerning the meanings of thousands of new words.
· Your teen’s logical thinking skills are developed as he is quizzed over word analogies.
· The 20 weekly quizzes and 4 review quizzes provide for approximately two weeks of spelling/vocabulary study out of every three weeks, allowing flexibility to your schedule.
· The 4 quarterly review quizzes are cumulative over the entire quarter or semester. This continued exposure to the words (many of which are also in the literature books) builds your eleventh grader’s comfort and confidence in spelling the words, applying spelling rules to other words he encounters, and using the vocabulary words in his own speech and writing.
The quiz book is correlated with the text Vocabulary, Spelling, Poetry V, 5th ed., and the Homeschool English 11 Parent Guide/Student Daily Lessons. Answers and grading instructions are sold separately in the Vocabulary, Spelling, Poetry V Quiz Key. Grade 11.
This item is included in the following kits:
Grade 11 Homeschool Student Kit
Vocabulary, Spelling, Poetry V
Vocabulary, Spelling, Poetry V Teacher Key
Vocabulary, Spelling, Poetry V Quiz Key
Homeschool English 11 Parent Guide and Student Daily Lessons